- Powdercoat adds your choice colour to your Camper, Canopy, or Ute Tray to give it that individual touch.
- Powdercoat seals the aluminium for easier cleaning and ultimately keeping your investment looking good for longer.
- It is compatible with all materials: checker plate, mill finish, and dimple plate.
- Powder coating is supplied by a leading local company who has the right equipment to handle large items.
- Quality Preparation: Once manufactured and dry fitted, the project is disassembled into its component parts, sanded, acid washed, dipped in chromate.
- The project is then sprayed with the powder coating material, baked in an oven at 200 degrees, and then once cooled, reassembled and finished.
- Powdercoating is hard wearing and more UV fade resistant than other sprayed applications.
Please Note: On average powder coating will add approximately 2 weeks to your expected delivery time; this may vary due to peak business periods.
Powder Coat vs Automotive Paint
Powder coating comes in a range of colours, however, colour matching to exactly your vehicle colour is rarely possible. For white Landcruiser 79 series utes (2011-present) It is possible for to achieve a close match with the colour code (058).
For other vehicles, we offer a broad selection of colours to choose from based on your personal preference.
Neutral colours such as Antique Silver or Satin Black are popular colour selections because they match other dark components on the vehicle such as the tyres, bullbar, window tint and other accessories.
Weld Penetration Marks
Weld penetration marks are an expected part of aluminium welding and sheet metal fabrication. They are not a product defect. Please be aware that gloss and metallic powder coat colours, when applied to mill finish aluminium material, will highlight these marks. Checker and dimple plate visually mask/hide the weld penetration.
Through our manufacturing process we aim to reduce/eliminate weld penetration marks, but it is extremely difficult given the “handmade” nature of our product. Where possible, we bond rather than weld door frames and rear panel. We recommend the use of powder coat colours such as Antique Silver to help achieve optical flatness.
Powder Coating Colour and Finish
There are two distinctive colour palettes that we offer. We have chosen these colours because of the nature of the material to be powder coated. Flat surfaces such as Mill Finish in combination with Gloss and Semi-Gloss paint are more likely to show any variation in the surface texture caused by weld penetration or other manufacturing processes.
The use of Hammertone, Ripple, or Matte powdercoat has the distinct advantage of concealing these variations due to their textured finish.